Friday, December 3, 2010

A Long-Awaited Return...

Hi! Yes, I'm finally back! It has been a very long time since my last post, but I really do have a good reason for that - Mommy and Daddy got a new computer, and they're so busy playing Thomas the Tank Engine with me that they haven't really had a chance to set up the camera and download any of my latest photos until now.

Quite a bit has happened since I last wrote - I went trick-or-treating for Halloween in TWO different costumes (Thomas, and Clinton Portis, my favorite Washington Redskins football player), I visited a pumpkin patch and a fire station with my class at preschool, and I got pneumonia for Thanksgiving... don't worry, Mommy made sure I got some turkey a few days later!


Do you see how small I look on this slide?! It's not an optical illusion. That slide was HUUUUGE!!! And as you can see I did it all by myself!!! Pretty sure I scared the you-know-what out of Mommy and my teachers. Hehehe.


This is me in the maze at the pumpkin patch. It was pretty awesome. Again, I didn't have to hold anyone's hand or anything. It was such a blast. I was pretty worn out after all that running and laughing with all my friends from school. After the maze we went to pick out our own little pumpkins, which was cool with me 'cause I was able to chill out a bit.

I also got to visit my school on a Saturday night to see the Christmas Light Show! Mommy and Daddy and I drove through thousands of lights and they blinked to the Christmas music on the radio - but the best part was when we got to go inside and have s'mores and lemonade.


We ended up wearing some of the s'mores on our faces :)

I've also been making a lot of time for my indoor hobbies, now that the weather has gotten colder (and I've been sick recently with pneumonia, which is counterproductive to my efforts to go to the playground).


Daddy lets me play his drums once in a while - I'm getting pretty good!


Mommy and Daddy sometimes let me play on this cool new iPad thing - it's got animal flashcards that make the actual animal noises! I really like to listen to the lion and the fish (which sounds like water bubbling, hehehe), and it even spells the name so I can practice my letters. Oh, and by the way, my latest obsession is singing my ABC's ad nauseum to the girls in my preschool class :)

And, of course, I always make time to play with my Thomas and friends engines.


You can see some of my school artwork in the background of this picture. I had to get my hands messy for that one, but that's not such a big deal anymore.


You can see one of my latest "engines," Alfie, who isn't really an engine, he's a front-loader friend of Thomas's. He likes to feel included with the rest of the engines, though, so I make sure he gets some time on the track, too!


Mommy probably took this picture while I was watching a really exciting part of a Thomas story... he and his friends seem to get into trouble all the time!

Well now that Mommy and Daddy got the camera set up on the new computer, and are figuring out something called Red Eye Reduction, there will probably be a lot more pictures in my next post. Until then I think I'm gonna catch some Z's. 'Night.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Glad to see you guys!! Looks like you are having a great autumn!! :)

Betsy said...

So cute! Love his curls. Glad he's feeling better. Soren got the croup this week. Night in the hospital. Ugh.