Sunday, March 22, 2009

Onward and Upward! Also, a Special Welcome!!

So it's been a little while since I was last able to fill everyone in on what's been going on here. There's sooo much to tell. I guess I should just jump in with both feet and start. I was having a little trouble with my solid foods and I wasn't feeling too well as a result. Mom and Dad started feeding me more fruits (which you will never hear me complain about ;-). They also started giving me new bottles, filled with apple juice and pear juice. I can't get enough of that stuff, let me tell you! Mom went to the market and got me some squash so I could try something new since we are avoiding peas and other "binding" ( that just doesn't sound good at all ) foods. I really enjoyed the squash, so Mom got me more. I think I am starting to catch on to things here. I let Mom and Dad know I like something... they go get me more of it!!! I can live like this. Speaking of the good life, I got some sweet relief for my aching gums. Zwieback toast!! It's the first food I have eaten with my own hands! It's REALLY messy, but OH SO GOOOOD!!!! I also tried some celery but Mom and Dad just laughed at me. Apparently I was making some kind of "face", whatever that is? All I know is I wasn't about to keep chewin' on that. Something about it just didn't sit right with me. Maybe I'll give it another try later.

Mom had a friend from college visit, named Jeff. We all got to go to lunch at the Potomac Grill and met another friend from college named Liz. Everyone was really nice. I hope I get to see them again soon.

As for that special welcome that was previously mentioned... the highlight of the past couple of weeks has been the build up leading to the birth of my new cousin T.J. My Dad's brother's first baby boy. He was born on March 18th, weighed 7 pounds even, and measured 19 and a 1/4 inches long, same as me when I was born except for the weight. I haven't been able to meet him yet because of some rule the hospital has about "non-sibling" children under a certain age not being allowed back in the labor and delivery department. Something about germs or something. I don't know. Uncle Tarl, Aunt Rosemary and T.J. are all home now so we are planning a visit over to their house real soon. I can't wait!!! Mom and Dad already got to meet T.J., but I think they are pretty excited to see him again!

When we weren't running around getting new food and juice, or going to the hospital to see family, we have been having a blast rolling around on the bed and floor. I am starting to figure out I can use my arms and legs at the same time when I am belly down, but not for very long yet. I still get where I need to go. One way or another. When I get tired of rolling or working on my crawling posture, I like to fly around the house. Dad seems to like it too!. Sometimes I think he might be sillier than I am. Mom's always laughing at us, so I guess neither of us are doing too bad. Are we?













































































































































1 comment:

Angela said...

My goodness! He's turning into a toddler on you!! And congrats on your new nephew :)