Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi, everyone! Well, this has been an exciting week! I got to celebrate my first Thanksgiving... I'm not really sure what that is, but I do know that I got to spend a lot of time with my family, and that everyone was eating a lot of food. Mommy and Daddy said they were the most thankful this year for me, and if I had to pick something, I think I would say that I'm most thankful for Mommy and Daddy, too :)


















This is how Thanksgiving started - which was before the tryptophan!



















I woke up in time to go to my great-aunt and great-uncle's house.
I got another short nap while I was there, though!


First, I went to my great-aunt Doris and great-uncle Wayne's house for dinner. I got to meet my cousins, Brynn and Kieran, and my great-aunt Jeannie and great-uncle Ronnie. Meeting and hanging out with all those people made me tired, so I took a little nap in my travel swing while Mommy and Daddy talked to everyone. My Nana D played with me when I woke up while Mommy and Daddy ate a bunch of turkey and mashed potatoes.

I also traveled to my Aunt Beth's house for dessert, and I got to spend time with her, my Nana K, and my great-grandfather, who we call "Oupa." He came to visit all the way from South Africa, so it was nice to spend some time with him. I hope I can go visit him sometime - maybe my Mommy and Daddy will take me to see him and my other family in South Africa soon!



















This is me with my Daddy, Nana K, and Oupa - Daddy made sure I was
wearing his favorite bib for dinner! :)


Apparently, Thanksgiving is what Mommy and Daddy call a "holiday," so they got to stay home on Friday and spend some time with me. We played and relaxed, and I took a lot of naps because I was so tired from all the excitement of Thanksgiving! Then on Saturday, we all went to my great-aunt Michelle's to have dinner so we could spend more time with Oupa before he had to fly back home. I stared at him a lot because I knew it would be a while until I would see him again.

Mommy and Daddy and I relaxed after we got home, and have pretty much been relaxing today, aside from a trip to get groceries. Mommy and I have been sneezing a lot lately, so I'm glad we're home today!

Well, I should probably go - halftime just ended, and the Redskins are playing the Giants, who Daddy says are pretty good. Until next time!

No comments: